View Profile ti-on-suxandrox

9 Movie Reviews

I was hoping to see Arthur walking around his school with that gimp suit and his revolver trying to take over the school.

meatcanyon responds:

Ya know I thought that would maybe be a bit to over the edge haha

Pretty cool, always nice to see surreal stuff on NG.

The animation was pretty cool, I like the fight scenes and the atmosphere. At the beginning the audio was a bit awkward, but as it went on the audio actually fit quite well. I really liked how you used my breathing noise at the end of my song.

I hope to see more stuff from you.

9 Game Reviews

Decent idea, I had some fun with it. A couple problems though.

The game would periodically freeze on me if I continued to hold the 'left' button for a certain amount of time. It got really annoying to play after a while, and it crashed on me once. I get that it's meant to be hard, but I don't think it's meant to be buggy.

Also, not telling you how to restart is more than just a dick move, it's a momentum killer. One of the key elements to making hard games fun to play is the ability to restart/respawn quickly. That's why Hotline Miami is so popular. Concealing the ability to restart is one of the worst things you can possibly do in a game like this.

DynamiteFrog responds:

thank you for giving me a full detail review and yeah, the game is pretty buggy I don't really know how to fix it but I'll see what I can do

For the record, I knew that this game was going to do the subversive thing. It was honestly a relief that there was no meta-humour, there was no horror (seriously, I was expecting dead bodies because I'm so used to that kind of thing at this point), and it was mercifully short and very fun. 5 Stars.

When the main joke of the game is that it is bad and lazy, there is no joke. Just FYI, the whole "So-bad-it's-good" usually means "The creator put effort into this, that's why it's funny that it's bad" or "There's a jellybean orgy in this game cutscenes that goes on for fifteen minutes! You have to see this shit!". This game is just bad, and lazy.

65 Audio Reviews

Not a huge fan of FL-stuff, if I'm being honest. They have a distinct mixing sound that I'm not too fond of because it feels like it lacks the 'personality' that a more hands-on (lo-fi) mixing program can give to a mix. This is a pretty good example of that because it has what sounds like an ugly-sounding exciter placed on the kick and the audio levels aren't too consistent.

Prejudice aside, this song is pretty catchy and I love how the instruments blend so well together. I hope that you continue to improve as an audio-artist because I can tell that in a year or two you will be producing great works. You have an ear for hooks, which is nice, and you know how to use dynamic to make a repetitive song interesting, which is rare among songwriters.

I can't wait to hear more from you.

paulinhudj responds:

WOW, I DON'T HAVE WORDS, JUST A THANKS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART

MIDI guitar stuff always sounds a bit weird to me because guitar is my main instrument. I know what a guitar should sound like, so hearing a completely digital guitar is like looking at a photorealistic comic book picture. As realistic as it tries to look, it will always look just a little bit off.

My personal bias aside, this is a pretty cool song. I particularly like the foley effects (I think it's foley anyways, it could just be percussion) which sounded like gun shots. It sounds nice with the fading guitars, as though a man has just been shot and his life is fading from his body. It's pretty cinematic in that way. :)

Gougou responds:

Thank you! I wanned to try a different type of songs :)
And you are pretty sadistic too :I

Pretty good. Some nice EQ effects here, and I like the EDM feel to the song. It's a bit repetitive, which seems like a weird thing to say about your songs. Your songs are usually pretty dynamic, mine are usually the more repetitive and compressed songs. :)

Gougou responds:

Yeah I'm trying different types of songs :)

2 Art Reviews

This is the greatest piece of post-modern art I have ever had the pleasure to witness. A unicorn at the corner of the picture winked at me as I stared at it for five hours straight.

I shan't ever forget this wonderful work of art, because my eyes have retreated into my brain because they refuse to look upon anything ever again because no other sight can ever compare to this wonderful picture.

XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

I like the background and I like the character. It really does remind me of a cuter version of Squidbillies.

RedeyestheSecound responds:

Wow your so right! I did not see it untill you said it it really can be a kid's version of squid billies XD LOVE THAT SHOW thanks for the rate bud! Also glad you like the background I really was not sure about it as I created it! I almost posted it with out a background It would of shown lined paper behind it with a black tv screen good thing I did though!

Gerry Weir @ti-on-suxandrox